
90 Day Business Launch alum Courtney Fanning was last featured here just one week after launching Big Picture Branding in January 2019 – and she’s been a full-time business owner ever since. Her business has grown in such positive ways – with new offers, raised rates, a $10k joint program (with another former client of mine – I love inadvertently playing matchmaker!), and a beautiful website (and branding!) upgrade. I can’t wait for her to tell you how she’s evolved, and what’s ahead. Enjoy!
When we last spoke with you, you were in brand strategy and copywriting. Is your business the same, or has anything evolved?
Big Picture Branding is still serving up brand strategy and copywriting for purpose-driven businesses, but I’ve tweaked my messaging to reflect the fact that my dreamboat clients are also creative small businesses. I’ve learned a lot about who my process works best for, and this is it. These are my people. Whether they’re a jewelry designer or a commercial real estate investor, my clients view their work with purpose and creativity. <3 <3 <3
Let’s talk wins! What have you been most proud of in your business since we last featured you?
I figured out pretty early on that partnerships were going to be essential for my business. A lot of people don’t really understand what brand strategy is and when it comes into play (spoiler alert: before you write a lick of copy or design a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g.). Most people think of a logo when they think of branding. Then, when they get to setting up their website and writing their copy, they realize they have no idea what to write and how they want to come across. They have totally bypassed thinking through the strategy and the messaging and end up staring at the dreaded blinking cursor for weeks! In order to reach my ideal clients, my options were to pump out a ton of educational content and pray the SEO gods were on my side, or I could partner up with some *AMAZING* designers and combine our superpowers. Now, I’m serving my own roster of clients, plus I sit down with joint clients for 2-1 work. It’s the best of all worlds. I get to do the strategy work I love, the designer gets a more informed and efficient process, and the client gets strategy, design, and copy that works in harmony!
Have there been any long-term takeaways from our work together?
Figure out your core service offering and stick with it. Let it anchor you. Experiment with your business as you grow, but make sure you’re always serving your audience in a way that is in alignment with that core offering.
What’s the best piece of advice you can give to someone transitioning from being a “newbie” business owner into a more seasoned or accomplished business owner?
Know your numbers! Financial literacy is something I’m less than stellar with but even having a basic bookkeeping system I *routinely* check in with has benefitted my business in ways I wasn’t expecting — like decision-making! If time is money, should I start using a CRM system? Should I upgrade from Mailchimp to ConvertKit? How much money should I be making from digital products before I invest in an all-in-one product like Kajabi or Kartra? If my hourly rate is X, is this copywriting project worth taking on? Sometimes the answers are in the numbers.
Is there anything that’s been a game-changer for you when it comes to your business that you can share? We’d love a good resource or a mindset/productivity tip!
NO-CLIENT-FRIDAYS! This is a tough one because everyone has different schedules and availabilities, but if I don’t give myself a day to work on my own business and admin, then important tasks never get done.
What’s on the horizon for your business? We’d love to hear about any upcoming offerings or goals!
As a fellow DIY creative entrepreneur, I’ve benefitted immensely from other people’s courses and guides. I’m not at the stage where I can hire someone to do everything for me (*the dream*) but I can absolutely invest a few bucks in a blueprint or template pack that will get me to those tangible results I need. In that spirit, I’ve just released my Audience Persona Builder and Messaging Mapper. People can find it by visiting www.bigpicturebranding.com/shop
Where can we find you and your work?
The post Client Case Study: Courtney Fanning appeared first on When I Grow Up - Creative Business Coach.
from When I Grow Up – Creative Business Coach https://ift.tt/2Dc57e2

0 Comments